COURSE NUMBER :603/7288/6
The qualification provides top up training for those working as a door supervisor in the United Kingdom that need to re-apply for their SIA licence from the 1st October 2021.
This Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Top Up) has been developed to meet the training and licensing requirements of the SIA that regulates the sector under the terms of the Private Security Act 2001. Individuals working as door supervisors in the sector must renew their SIA licence every three years. One of the criteria for renewing the SIA licence is the achievement of this qualification. The qualification consists of three mandatory units.
- Principles of Using Equipment Relevant to Working as a Door-Supervisor in the Private Security Industry.
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry.
- Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry.
This qualification will provide learners with an opportunity to:
• update their knowledge and skills required for the role of a door supervisor in the private security industry.
• achieve a standalone qualification that enables them to continue to work as a door supervisor.
This qualification is suitable for door supervisors who hold a valid SIA licence for working as a Security Officer that will run out on or after the 1 October 2021. Course applicants must have a current and valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (more detail about First Aid requirements can be found in section 1.2 below.) Applicants must also meet the minimum English language requirements as stated in section 1.3 of this specification. For the Practical Skills Training (Physical Intervention Skills),
• that physical activity will be involved and that this carries risks
• what is expected from them in terms of behaviour • what they should wear
• what they should do if they have any concerns about their health or fitness to participate in this training.
The learner must sign a declaration that they are fit to participate in practical skills training.
FIRST AID REQUIREMENTS
From 1 October 2021 learners taking their Door Supervision Top Up training will need to show that they hold a current and valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate* that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. It is an SIA requirement that training centres must confirm that each learner is sufficiently qualified in First Aid or Emergency First Aid. Learners should, as a minimum, have achieved an Emergency First Aid at Work qualification covering the following outcomes.
• understand the role of the first aider, including reference to:
- the importance of preventing cross-infection.
- the need for recording incidents and actions.
- use of available equipment.
• assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
Learners should present their First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate* to their training provider before they start training. This certificate* must be valid for at least 12 months from course start date. It is the centre’s responsibility to check the learner’s First Aid certificate and maintain relevant records of how a learner meets this requirement.