COURSE NUMBER : 600/3482/8
Their has been an increasing demand from employers in recent years for training that focuses on the development of generic, transferable work skills. The workforce of today needs to be adaptable, flexible and willing to learn. Hence the issue of employability is high on the national education and training agenda.
This course is designed to develop the learner to:
- Meet the needs of the employer for qualifications that cultivate a positive attitude to work and develop essential work skills and behaviours such as communication, teamwork and problem solving.
- Build confidence and self-esteem so that learners are empowered to apply for, secure and sustain meaningful employment.
- Provide the opportunity to develop an understanding of relationships in the workplace and employer expectations.
- Encourage the development of values, personal attributes and interpersonal skills that contribute to success in the workplace
This qualification is aimed at those learners who:
- Are preparing to enter employment for the first time or are unemployed / unwaged and seeking to improve their employability for a return to work
- Are not in education, training or employed
- Are serving ,or have recently served, a custodial or community sentence and need intensive preparation for employment
The minimum age for access to this qualification is 16 years old because the qualification are focused on preparation for employment